LSI is the Automated Material Handling Systems lntegration division at Toyota Material Handling Europe (TMHE). We integrate solutions that help our customers be more efficient in their intralogistics operations by implementing turnkey systems that involve automation in hardware and software.
Our Mission: "To Support our customers as a holistic partner for intralogistics and material handling solutions, through a deep tool kit of technologies and providing flexible and innovative engineering". Our technology toolkit is sourced from various Toyota lndustry Corporation (TICO) companies and from our specialized suppliers across the globe. Our engineering emanates from the hiring, development and retention of the best talent in the market; which drives the best engineering and customer care in the industry.
We compete by providing deep levels of data analysis in the pre-contract design phase, standing by our customers in creating highly added value scenario comparisons and business case developments; supporting them in understanding the best path forward and building a strong rapport to continue our relationship through an execution contract. We put our customer's interest in the center, and we over-work our competition at every opportunity. Our solutions deliver on the Toyota level quality promise. Our systems, once live, are supported by the strongest technical service network in the continent.
LSI has access to +20 engineering offices in the TMHE Logistics Solutions network throughout the region.
How is the Systems Engineer profile?
System Engineers typically partner with the different Head of Systems lntegration for every region and support them in being successful at winning and taking systems live. Systems Engineers can be very mobile and cover the whole European territory.
A S.E is responsible for technical aspects of a project during the pre-contract and execution phases. As such, their responsibilities vary depending on the stage of the project. Systems Engineers are considered technical experts in every aspect of a system, which include:
- Logistics Data Analysis (Customer Data, Simulations).
- Mechanical and Electrical Design.
- System Data (Controls, WES).
- Expertise in technologies and applications on LSl's focus.
- lnstallation and commissioning procedures.
What are their general duties?
- Continuously train in technologies and applications from our partners, they are the company experts when it comes to technology
- Continuous search of new applications and ideas, by learning from fairs, webinars or courses
- Analyzes data from customer to derive an adequate design
- Simulates systems to prove design validity
- Designs systems in CAD tools, looking far performance excellence within a business case, collaborating with sales group and customer in finding a "winning solution"
- Develops an execution strategy, outputting documents such as Gantt charts
- Supports the sales organization in building up proposals, including work to get best proposals from suppliers
- Overall validation between design, suppliers, execution plan and financials
- Validates designs and engineering after a PO and prior initiation of manufacturing of system parts or subsystems.
- Responsible to lead and present Functional Specification Documents (FSDs)
- Depending on opportunity, a Systems Engineer can actas Project Manager and/or Site Supervisor
As a PM, a Systems Engineer is:
- Responsible far the financials, resource allocation, timelines and reporting of the overall project.
- Responsible far taking live a system.
- Customer relationship during execution
As a Site Supervisor, a Systems Engineer is:
- Quality control during installation: from reception of material at site to good practices during installation and testing.
- Safety responsible: protocols are followed, everyone is safe at site.
- Responsible far the day to day management of the project.
- Site liaison for the PM.
What we can offer?
- The opportunity to join a growing leading company.
- A career path with a highly motivated and professional team.
- Flexible working hours
- Interesting salary package
If it all sounds like you, do not hesitate to apply to this vacancy!